My Family

COME ON IN, GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE & SHARE A RANDOM MOMENT WITH ME

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

rachel's birthday

Happy Birthday Rachel





today was my oldest daughter's 14th birthday. i cannot believe that she is 14 already. it seems like just yesterday that she was born. i remember tears filling my eyes when the doctor told us she was a girl. my baby girl! she was absolutely beautiful. 7 lbs exactly and 19 inches long. we already had a wonderful baby boy and now we had a baby girl. how perfect could that be.

everyday since then i have had the privilege of being her mommy. she has brought so much joy into our family. as a toddler, she would dance and dance all over the place. so happy all the time. it wasn't long after she was born that her baby sister came along and she loved her so much. she was always so protective over her. it just made my heart melt each time she came running thinking that Olivia might get hurt if i did not come fast to rescue her. most of the time it was nothing and she was fine, but she watched over her like a hawk.

even today, rachel still has that mothering instinct. she has the biggest heart and never wants the people that she loves to do the wrong thing or get hurt. she is always trying to give her deep wisdom to anyone who will listen. sometimes, i am just amazed at how deeply spiritual that she is. she hears the voice of God and is lead by His Spirit. of course, she has not always listened. who does? but as i have watched her grow up, i have seen God do great things in her and i am sure it is only the beginning of where He is going to take her in this world. i could not be a prouder mom. she has recently begun her own blog called just the average teenager. she writes what is on her heart and lets God show her how good He is. many times i think that the wisdom that comes from her could not possibly be coming from a 14 year old girl. she amazes me and i love her so much.

Happy Birthday Rachel! You will always be my baby girl!

15 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

How sweet. Time really does fly, doesn't it? It's hard to grasp how quickly they grow up.
Jen

He & Me + 3 said...

she is beautiful! Happy Birthday Rachel! I will have to stop by her blog and wish her a Happy Day too!

Anonymous said...

I read Rachels blog often. she truly is an amazing girl. I agree, this is only the beginning of the wonderful works God will do through her and in her!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Rachel...

Sarah said...

The way you honor your daughter with your words, so pure, so full of love, so dripping with joy for what God has done in your life. On the mission field, we work with youth and truly know the jewel of potential in each life. Rachel has been blessed to have a mom that has uncovered the jewels in her life and helped them to shine briliantly reflecting His glory. I'm heading to her blog now, can hardly wait.

Blessings from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

The Writer Resource Pit: said...

Hey Christi:

Great picture of your daughter. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Glad it encouraged you! :)

Tiffany

momstheword said...

What a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday Rachel! It's so bittersweet, isn't it. My "baby" is 16 and I don't know how that happened.

I am going to give a link to her blog to my friend's daughter. She was looking for some Christian teen blogs to read.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dearest daughter, she is very beautiful just like her mama :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Don't forget to update your "about me" (winks)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

What a wonderful tribute to your daughter. Mine is going to be 16 this year. It goes by so fast. I love seeing her grow in the Lord and how He is using her to bless us so.
Your comment made me laugh today. We now have the names established and I think we're good! LOL.
Hugs
Kim

LisaShaw said...

Christy,

Your precious daughter is absolutely beautiful. Happy Birthday to her and may the blessings and favor of the LORD overflow in her life and that of all of your children.

God bless.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Happy Birthday to her, now I am off to check out her blog also! 14..Geez, where does the time go?

Tarah

E @ Scottsville said...

Awww, she's beautiful!

Happy Birthday!!!

Kelly L said...

Her wisdom is also coming from a mother who loves the Lord with all her heart and soul. Girls are hard - mine will be 13 next week and I pray that she will have wisdom too.. I think she's getting there but often times it's a go up 3 steps back 2...
Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!
Love,
Kelly

Bre said...

Happy Birthday to Rachel! I remember your oldest kids as babies. It makes me happy and sad to think of Katelyn growing up and having her 14th birthday. You look forward to the future, but its hard to let go of the little sweet baby.