My Family

COME ON IN, GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE & SHARE A RANDOM MOMENT WITH ME

Friday, May 29, 2009

graduation





















Rachel and Me




Rachel and her brothers




Rachel and her Daddy











































Rachel and her friends










tonight, rachel walked across the stage and received a diploma that states that she has completed 8th grade. i was very proud of her because she was very proud of herself. she had finished a portion of her life that took time and dedication for her to accomplish. this has been Rachel's week. she turned 14 and graduated 8th grade all in the same week. tonight was very sentimental for me. i remember her being so little and now she seems to have grown up to be such a sweet and intelligent young lady. it was such a joy for me to watch her enjoy her evening so much. laughing with her friends and experiencing sentimental feelings herself, she seemed to be having the time of her life. i loved watching it all. it makes me so happy to see her happy.

graduation is about accepting an award for completing something that took sacrifice to accomplish. this time of year, graduations are going on all over the world. as i watched rachel accept the certificate of her accomplishment, i was reminded of my own times of accomplishment in graduations myself. and, i smiled as i remembered how it felt to receive the awarded certificate. there are so many things that we can receive graduation awards for here in our country, kindergarden, middle school, junior high school, high school, trade schools, training centers, community colleges, Bible colleges, and four year colleges. masters degrees and doctorate degrees in upper levels of education also have graduation ceremonies. but the most important graduation ceremony we will ever attend is our graduation from earth to Heaven. the only difference is that we will be receiving our award for doing nothing but accepting the sacrifice of Jesus and then we will lay that award at His feet in honor of His great work on our behalf. what a great graduation day that will be!

22 comments:

Beth in NC said...

What great pictures! Congrats to your baby!

He & Me + 3 said...

She is so pretty...looks older than 8th grade. I love her hair. The group picture is so cute!
congrats to her! What an accomplishment!

Andrea said...

Awesome pictures....Congradulations Racheal!!

Hope you dont mind. I put a link to your blog on both of mine in friendly links.

Blessings and prayers, andrea

Kellie Felmey said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RCUBEs said...

Nice pictures! Congratulations to your daughter! Time does go by so fast, doesn't it?
My son is also graduating in 2 weeks [8th grade]. And everything is just too fast for me now!
"Heavenly graduation"...hmmm...nothing can equal for the celebration lasts for eternity. God bless.

~*Michelle*~ said...

beautiful girl.....wow! You must have been beaming all night!

Tracy said...

Congrats to your daughter! Beautiful pics.
I'm looking forward to my heavenly graduation when Jesus says well done good and faithful servant...enter in.

Daveda said...

Oh...so sweet. Love the pictures. And yes, what a day that will be! Love ya!

Joyeful said...

Rachel is just beautiful! Congratulations to the graduate! I can't wait for our "heavenly graduation" either!!

Thank you for being such an encouragement to me ^_*

Beth E. said...

Congratulations to Rachel! What a beautiful young woman. Her smile lights up her entire face!

Our youngest son is graduating from high school this Friday. I can't believe the years have gone by so quickly!

Blessings,
Beth

Christy said...

AMEN!!!!! And congratulations too.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

You have lots to be thankful for.

I love how you tied this all in with the milestone of our eternal home.

With each breath, one step closer...

You are a dear soul. Thank you for sharing your family.

Marsha said...

What precious memories you are making with your family! Enjoy every minute of it now because the time goes by so quickly.

I want to thank you for all your kind words of encouragement on my blog the past few weeks. I apologize for taking so long to get over here to visit with you. Being gone so much to be with my Mom and Step Dad who just passed away really put me behind with work. It was all I could do to keep posting.

Have a blessed week, Christy.

E @ Scottsville said...

Congratulations Rachel!!! Good job!

HappyascanB said...

Congrats, Rachel! If she is half as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, she is absolutely gorgeous!! I hope you enjoy watching her become her own young lady and your friend! My mom and I were super close while I was in high school (and we still are!) and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Runner Mom said...

She is just beautiful! Congrats to Rachel and to your entire family! I loved the picture of her group of friends! The ending of your post is so true..thank you for sharing your heart.

Hugs,
Susan

Anonymous said...

My oh my, she is gorgeous! I thought she would be in high school by now, she looks so ladylike already :o) thanks for sharing the pictures, gosh, kids grow up too fast don't they?!?

Mocha with Linda said...

Congrats to your daughter! My girl has her 8th grade graduation tomorrow!

LisaShaw said...

You and your daughter are absolutely beautiful. Your husband and sons are handsome! Loved the photos!

Congratulations Rachel! We are all so proud of you and we know you have an incredibly bright future because you are deeply loved by GOD and by your family. We pray God's favor and blessings upon you as you move forward into High School.

God bless you.

LisaShaw said...

Don't want to leave anyone out...all your daughters are beautiful!!! :)

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Congrats to your graduate! My first time by. Your family is beautiful. It feels like I've just taken a quick nap and opened my eyes and my own daughter has graduated high school. Goodness, I am amazed by it!

Blessings, Joanne

brokenteepee said...

Popping in from SITS.
What lovely photos. Congratulations to your daughter.