My Family

COME ON IN, GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE & SHARE A RANDOM MOMENT WITH ME

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

a little about my home and my favorite kid photo

What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Zest

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No

Is there anything moldy in your refrigerator? Probably

Are there any dirty dishes in your sink? Yes

What would you change about your living room? I would make it twice as big

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean

Do you have a can of mushrooms in your pantry? No! Ate them on pizza tonight

White or wheat bread? Wheat!

What is on top of your refrigerator? Two baskets full of junk

What color is your sofa? tan

What color or design is on your shower curtain? solid periwinkle

How many plants are in your home? zero alive! two fake

How many candles are in your home? I don't know, several

Is your bed made right now? no

If you have a coffee pot, what color is it? stainless steel and black

Electric or standard can opener? Standard but mine is a piece of junk. I need a new one

Comet or Soft Scrub? neither

Is your closet organized? semi-organized. I try to make it organized, but five kids do not cooperate very well when putting things away

What color is the flashlight that you use the most? black and silver

What kinds of things are in your junk drawer? you name it, i probably have it in there

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? no

If you have a garage, is it cluttered? we have a three car garage. and only two cars can fit in it

Curtains or blinds? Both!

How many pillows do you sleep with? Two

Do you sleep with any lights on at night? no! pitch black

How many ceiling fans are in your home? six

How often do you vacuum? Never. I have 5 kids

What color is your toothbrush? blue.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes

What is in your oven right now? two trivets, a pan that I fried a hamburger in earlier on the stovetop and a hand towel hanging over the handle of the oven door

Is your microwave clean or dirty? always dirty

Is there anything under your bed? a pedestal with drawers of clothes
Chore you hate doing the most? The bathrooms

What retro items are in your home? None.

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? No I wish!

If you have a yard, who mows it? my husband, along with my toddler son,(see pic below) and my 15 year old son

Is there anything on your kitchen floor right now? a bowl of dog water and a dog

How many mirrors are in your home? A lot

Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? no that would be nice though!

What color are your walls?living room-sage green, sun room-yellow, kitchen-red, dining room-cream and brown, coffee colors, hall-mustard yellow, bedrooms-blue, pink, purple, green, periwinkle, tan, bathrooms-light yellow

Which rooms in your house have wallpaper? None

Do you have a peephole in your front door? window

Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? no

What does your home smell like right now? burning hair! My daughter is straightening her hair with a flat iron. I hate that smell

Fave candle scent? mulberry

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? dill

Who are in the pictures you displayed? My family

What color is your favorite bible? red

Do you have plenty of cabinet space in your kitchen? no!

Ever been on your roof? No

Do you own a stereo? no

How many tvs do you have? two

How many house phones? four

Do you have a housekeeper? I have 5 kids

What style do you decorate in? mostly traditional

Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? I like both

Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes one in every room

In case of fire, what are the items you would grab if you only could make one quick trip? My kids, my pets and my pictures (family photos).

Do you know how to work your electrical box? no

What temperature in your home is most comfortable to you? 71° in the summer and 69° in the winter.



 
Posted by Picasa


jacob thinks he is so big helping daddy mow the lawn


28 comments:

Queen Diva said...

Thanks for hoppin' over to my blog! Your blog looks fun and encouraging . . . I'm following you now!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Precious picture of Jacob "helping" daddy! My kids used to love to do what their dad did.

Then they got old enough to do it and it wasn't so fun anymore, lol!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

oops, that was from me, Nan!

~ Nan

Heart2Heart said...

Christy,

I love your temperatures in the winter and summer. Wouldn't it just be great if they both stayed at around 70?

Loved getting to know more about you and your home!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Laura said...

Christy Rose...

I'm hopping over here to see you, but I've never done a blog hop before. Have to read up on the rules before I break some unspoken blog etiquette!

Your comments on my posts have been so encouraging. Thank you for your sweet words. I want to go back and read the posts you mention. Listening has always been hard for me...I'm all about talking!

Still practicing.

:)laura

Loren said...

This was a cool post! I like it :) Thanks for sharing more of you with us!!
Our temps are exactly the same in summer and winter :)
I love it....when did you vaccuum last? I have 5 kids...you go girl!!! Same with me but I only have 2 at home!

such a cute pic and the other day tooo! I was looking at them and got interrupted and didn't comment but they were adorable of the kids having fun swimming,

Love to you

Kristin said...

That was a fun and different questionairre....I might have to put that one on my blog :)

I love the picture...so cute!

Sarah said...

We're a zest family, without a vacuum! So fun to splash around with you today and get to know you a bit more.

Hugs from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Mocha Momma said...

Laundry is pretty easy and has immediate results (well fairly immediate).

My kids are having a problem taking their clotes to their rooms and putting them away. Not sure what it's gonna take to get that understood.

You answered all those questions. I like your house colors. I was thinking to paint our living room sage and maybe a darker wall somwhere in there.

My kitchen is light yellow w/ sage counter tops. I'm happy with those colors.

Thanks for visiting,
Nannette

He & Me + 3 said...

Very cool getting to know more about you. Cute picture of Jacob with Daddy. Loving those curls.

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

That was pretty cool - a lot of questions!! I have many similar answers I see.

Kerri said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog! I enjoyed reading that quiz about you. It was great way to get to know you a little!

amanda said...

love the picture. and the home quiz. i have never seen that one before! but. with five kids. you don't vacuum. does that mean THEY do. or you just don't vacuum because it doesn't pay? ;0) lol.

E @ Scottsville said...

I'd freeze in your house. We keep ours at 78 in the daytime and 75 at night. ha ha ha

I guess I'm just acclimated to the Texas heat!

Unknown said...

I hate that burning hair smell too and I love your purple shower curtain. Are your 5 children the housekeepers? That must be swell

Lisa said...

How blessed you are to have 5 kiddos and one that's still a baby! He's absolutely adorable, too! :)

Enjoyed reading your list!

LisaShaw said...

Christy,

I loved visiting and reading this list. So many things made me smile and some I can definitely relate too.

Love the photo!!!

Blessings.

Kat said...

I felt like I was in your home getting to know you. Fun.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

That was really fun to read. I love that you don't need to vacuum since you have 5 kids!!! ;)

Now I want 5 kids.

I agree with you on the toilet thing. Honestly, it is word verification. Yours right now is Dedysmet?? Im gonna have to think on that one!!

Tarah

Mich said...

Enjoyed the fun facts of you and of course the picture is adorable.

Karen said...

What a sweet little helper!!

Cute questionnaire...I laughed aloud at your answer to
"Do you have a housekeeper?"

Thanks for sharing this....

Kelly L said...

Loved learning a little about you! I love candles too! Great pictures!
Love to you
Kelly

Kristin said...

Hey! I just had to come over and thank you for being so sweet and for your order at my boutique! Thank you so much for helping me to raise money for Zach. I was heading to the post office later today, so I'll have them off to you today :)

Coming over here again reminded me that I wanted to do your fun questionnaire on my blog too. Ha!

Have a great day!

Kristin

COUNTRY MOM said...

You have a beautiful family. I have enjoyed your blog. I am a MOM and Homeschool Teacher to my 7 blessings. I have been happily married for 24 years. Hope to catch up on your posts soon. Blessings,

Mocha Momma said...

Outhouses, ugh! Well I guesss they are better than nothing.

The new kind are better. This particular campground had the newer kind last time I was there, several years ago.

Anonymous said...

Hello Christy Rose,
I am wondering who comes up with some of these questions!
One thing’s for sure, we know more about you, like what color your bathroom shower curtain is…Ha! Ha!
I like my home very warm in the winter…and I live in California, so you know I am spoiled. On days we can burn…there are restrictions now…I keep my home a toasty 78 degrees inside. I LOVE that fire!
♥Hope

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your post. Your little one is quite the helper!

Anonymous said...

my kind of home!
Tammy